Monday 10 December 2012

L'Amicale des Sommeliers du QC - Grad Event

Update - Le Vieux Pin - Equinoxe Syrah 2009

During our graduation event at the Amicale des Sommeliers du QC, Section Outaouais, I had the  pleasure to share with my friends a bottle of Equinoxe Syrah 2009. All members and the leading Chevaliers were absolutely delighted of the tasting. We had the wine in a carafe for a good 90 minutes before tasting.
Reddish tint on the legs when rolling the wine in the glass, smell of berries and wood, taste of dark berries, leather, smooth and very well balance and a lasting taste in mouth. Simply magnificent were the comments from the gallery of experts.

I have to mention that during the evening, we were given a very interesting lecture from the regional rep of Agropur who provided a wide selection of delicate cheese for the evening.
As I am writing these lines this morning, I have just received am email from Le Vieux Pin and the are releasing a new Cab/Syrah "Retouche" naturally I have Jumped on that offer.

Photo taken 4th Dec 2012 during Sommeliers gathering in Gatineau QC




Note: I did not have my camera with me therefore, I can only apologize for the shake and bake of a Cell phone camera 

No comments:

Post a Comment