Last night, we got to enjoy the Equinoxe Syrah 09 - Le Vieux Pin
First and foremost, I got the Decanter out and transferred the wine and had it sit for a good forty five minutes to one hour before serving. That was recommended by my man 'Kam Kamrani at Le Vieux Pin.
- We found a little (very little) Tingling on the tongue from the get go, I like that refreshment.. ;-)
- Taste of Fruits and wild Berries jumps at you,
- Med Dry, the taste stays in for a good minute, simply awesome,
- Red light touch of ruby,
- At the second taste 5 minutes later, a delicate smoky taste seems do develop, I knew that this wine was only getting better. (by now, over one hour had past since i cracked the seal, and this baby was getting better, not loosing its taste but in full evolution).
-Taste and smell of Dark chocolate, and the Berries tastes from earlier and a hint of Leather.
- Long final of light oak/wooden taste.
- Also, I did not feel any sulfites skin reactions as I am intolerant to it. For me that is great news.
Comments: If you think you knew everything about Syrah. Think again. Wait till you taste this B.C. Greatness
Recommendation: If you can get your hands on this great Canadian Wine.. do it.
Final toughs: The biggest challenge will be to keep another bottle of Equinoxe wine away from the table.
Photos by: C Coulombe